The Institution of Engineers Rwanda (IER) in collaboration with the Federation of Africa Engineering Organizations (FAEO) and UNESCO invites authors to submit technical papers for the 2nd Africa Engineering Conference that will be part of the 4th UNESCO Africa Engineering Week to be held in Kigali-Rwanda from 25th to 29th September 2017.
The main objective of the conference is to draw attention to the current diverse challenges facing waste management in Africa, and to consider the prospects for effective and sustainable development of this critical sector.
Informed persons and organizations in the waste management sector from all over Africa and the rest of the world will come together to interact, share experiences and ideas, and brainstorm on how best to strategically and pragmatically address the challenges of waste management in order to generate effective and sustainable solutions.
Conference Theme: “Effective Waste Management in Africa”
- Solid Waste Management
- Liquid Waste Management
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Education and Training in Waste Management
- Trends and Sustainability in Waste Management
- Urbanization and waste generation
- Industrial waste management
- Entrepreneurship in Waste Management
- Waste as a resource and Waste Transformation Technologies
- Waste Management and the environment
- Construction and Waste (Waste in Construction)
- Standards, codes of practice and legal issues in Waste Management
Manuscript preparation guidelines for authors are available at www.aewconference2017.rw